Thursday, November 11, 2010

my villa

 It took me all of 10 minutes to unpack and move into my small villa on the hill.  After all, the sum total of my material belongings consists of one bag and a backpack.


And there I was.

No phone, no Internet, no way to connect with the outside world.

I plopped myself down in my hammock for two glorious hours and enjoyed the view.  The warm sun and the quiet were healing.  The scenery changed as clouds floated across the sky and jungle animals wandered below me across the top of the canopy.  This was the vision I had as a place to restore my soul.  My villa was so much more than I could have hoped for.

Even in paradise one must eat. So I dragged myself out of my cocoon and made a grocery list of the things I would need.  I walked to the market not realizing I could only purchase half of the items because then I would have to carry them home.  I decided to reduce the list to essentials.  Eggs, bread, cheese, peanut butter and Imperials.  Back at home I went outside to eat on my terrace.  Out there I had a table for 6, which I could fill up with new friends, laughter and food. This is where I would spend my days. 

I received my certificate from David for completing my Spanish classes along with the others.  That night I hosted a good-bye party at my new home for everyone in the Academia D’Amore  Spanish school.  They came early enough to see the view.  We laughed and then we cried.

The first, of three “Speaks” in my journey, is complete.  

Now it is time to “Play” for a while...

the most beautiful spot in the world



my villa


good-bye spanish friends. sniff sniff





No comments:

Post a Comment