Thursday, December 2, 2010

good bye costa rica

    

      Sad, sad, sad.  It came time for me to leave my beloved Costa Rica.  The voice in my head was refusing to be ignored.  "Why are you voluntarily leaving this paradise? No one is making you leave.  There is not one reason you have to leave. You are just now really getting a handle on the language, you're settling into your community, you could teach English here. Even your salsa dancing has improved. You love the sun, the food, the people, the jungle, the surf, the animals, even the rain. You love this place with every fiber of your being.  Everything about it suits you. You are leaving to go live in a village in Africa?  WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?"    Shhhhh.  Just shhhhhh.
       I don't have an answer.  There really is no explanation other than I have been called in my heart to Africa.  I don't know why. All I know is that if I don't go now, I will never go.  The third "speak" is on the horizon and now it is time to give. 










my roommate





sunrise from my terrace



sunset over Quepos




       

3 comments: