Sunday, February 20, 2011

serengeti

If you ever get the chance
no
don't wait for chance 
just decide to make it happen at some point in your life
and go on safari in the Serengeti.





sunrise on the serengeti


Ngorogoro Crater, beside the Serengeti, is beautiful and full of animals as well

cheetah
wart hogs kneel to eat



This is a DicDic. yes that's the name.  They are only two feet tall and they mate for life

breakfast time

One night our campsite was under the tree of life

Two friends had a birthday and the cooks make watermelon "cake" A watermelon cut in half and shaved to look white

Rhinos are almost extinct and difficult to find

buffalo
wildebeast,  I was invited to a friends house for dinner in a village once for wildebeast




Thanks to Jenn and Charlie for some of these photos

6 comments:

  1. Wow How beautiful! What an amazing journey you are on right now!
    Much love to you! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Lucetta's comments....make sure you go on Safari at least once in your life. Be sure to schedule it during the great migration.

    I also second Jennifer and Mike's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's incredible! I love following your stories and awesome pictures! Miss you and love you Luey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, your camera takes great photos, the animals were amazing, im glad to see Africa through your eyes. and second, can i use the "water melon cake" recipe for Prockin?
    i love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you! Yes, and I'd like a watermelon cake for my birthday please

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photos, but those flamingoes terrify me. Am I repressing some memory, because I used to like them ;)

    ReplyDelete